Alwar House, is a significant structure standing within the campus of prestigious Mayo College of Ajmer since 1876, designed by Mr. Joscelyn. It was constructed during british era and is a rectangular structure with a courtyard in between. It was constructed for the children of Royal family of Alwar by the king of Alwar. It shows refined quality of construction in stones using architectural vocabulary of British era.
Presence of Bangaldar Roof, Chhatris, Octagonal Turrets along all the four edges of the building gives it, a language of Rajputana Architecture.
New additions Post independence were done in the building matching the existing vocabulary visually but not in terms of material; since it is of poor quality. In past few years it was being used as the staff residence and many incompatible alterations have been done in the building.